Have you noticed a musty odor in your home? If so, you may need to take a closer look at your walls and fixtures. Rooms that are constantly exposed to moisture may have concentrated dark patches on surfaces. If you come across these dark patches, you may have a mold problem.
Mold spores become bothersome when they reproduce in masses. Fungi stick to damp surfaces and can produce unpleasant odors. The mold spores are what irritate the respiratory system. People within the home, who suffer from asthma or other respiratory illnesses, may notice worse symptoms. Black mold, a specific species, can produce toxins that are harmful to individuals. Black mold may be fatal to those who suffer from asthma and other respiratory illnesses.