SPRING CLEANING & HOW TO DECIDE WHAT TO THROW AWAY
Time for spring cleaning!
Don't let this scare you, this is a time to purge and freshen up your space!
If you like to hold onto things, try these steps to help declutter your life.
1. Pick one section a day to tackle. For example, this might be your kitchen pantry or office files.
2. Ask yourself if you want to keep something, and put it in one of three piles: yes, no, and maybe.
3. Get rid of your no's, and set aside your yes's. Your maybe pile should be considered carefully. If the item is useful and you need it - keep it. If you are keeping it because you might use it but never have, consider getting rid of it.
4. Do this for each category in your home that needs decluttering.
5. Throw items away, donate to charity, or sell some for extra cash.
Here are 20 things to throw away right now:
1. Shoes you don't wear
2. Old makeup or bathroom products—check their expiration dates
3. Expired coupons
4. Cords that you can't identify
5. Tupperware lids that have no match
6. Old toothbrushes
7. Socks with no match
8. Dried out markers and pens
9. Unused mugs
10. Unused instruction manuals
If you get the first 10 things done, here are some more:
1. Shopping bags
2. Foods spoiling or collecting freezer burn—check expiration dates
3. Old receipts
4. Paperwork you don't need anymore
5. Excess holiday décor
6. Wire hangers
7. Countertop appliances you don't ever use
8. Travel toiletries you’ve collected during vacations
9. Broken things you won't be fixing
10. Old magazines
11. Reference books/manuals—many of these are online now
When cleaning out larger spaces, that have outdoor access, such as a garage or storage shed, you may come across rodent feces that have built up over the last year. When rodent fecal matter becomes dry, it can become hazardous if inhaled. Call us to help clean up these spaces for you safely.